Consignors price their own items. Carefully consider the age and condition of an item when pricing. Scrutinize each piece as if YOU were planning to purchase it. Items that are priced too high will not readily sell! We suggest you price name brand items in excellent condition at approximately 1/5 of the original retail price.
When in doubt, go low if you are willing. Worst case, your items will clear out quicker than other similar items on the racks! And the great news is that you can almost always replace an item in the size you now need for the same low price, especially if you shop at one of our great preview sales when selection is high and bargains abound!
Also, keep in mind your "competition." Will there be plenty of items like this one to choose from? For instance, there is always a plentiful selection of like-new infant sizes 0-9 months. They get little wear! Consider pricing these items on the low side. If your teeny sizes show much wear, we ask you please to consider donating them rather than bringing them to the sale. They probably won't sell and there are so many wonderful charities that will put them to great use! See our info under Donating Unsold Items for ideas! On the other hand, if you have like new, basic, brand name boys clothing in larger sizes, you will likely get the higher end of our recommended pricing.
Remember these pricing tips:
- You are including them in the sale in order to "SELL" them. Do not over-price. Most single clothing items are priced in the $2-$7 range.
- Put yourself in the shoes of a shopper and ask yourself, "Would I buy this item, in this shape, for this price?"
- Try not to attach sentimental feelings to your price. Emotion will often lead to over-pricing.
Remember your discount options, too. At Kids EveryWear, you have the ultimate flexibility and control over pricing!
We will hold 50% and 75% off clearance sales on the final two days of the sale.
- If you do NOT wish your items to be discounted, fill out tag info and price in red ink.
- If you would like to have your remaining items reduced to 50% for the last two days, price in green ink.
- If you would like to try to sell ALL, price in black ink. Your remaining items will be reduced to 50% on the second to last day and then to 75% off on the final day, after they have been offered at full price for four days.
TOY PRICING INFO
Need help pricing toys & equipment and cannot remember the original price? Check these websites: