Traditional volunteer positions are scheduled just before, during and after the sale. These require time at the sale's location. Click on "Register now to be a volunteer" at any point to see and/or schedule your traditional volunteer slot(s) online.
- Regular Volunteers choose a 4-hour timeslot and shop the day before consignors. ***See notes below
- Super Volunteers choose any (2) 4-hour regular volunteer slots OR 1 designated 6 or 7-hour slot and shop for several EXCLUSIVE HOURS before regular volunteers. ***See notes below
- Super Duper Volunteers work 12 hours total consisting of (3) 4-hour shifts or (2) 6 hour shifts. You shop first on Volunteer Shop Day! (Note - a 4 hour men's shift which gives 6 hours status cannot be combined with a regular 4-hour shift to obtain Super Duper status) ***See notes below
- Die-Hard Volunteers (aka 24s) work a total of 24 actual hours (6 4-hour shifts) during busy selling shifts only. No pre-sale or post-sale shifts are allowed unless we specially request you fill them. Slots marked [S] that offer extra status only count for their actual hours for 24 hour folks. 24s shop first (prior to Volunteer Day). In fact, 24s have the option to shop after first drop off AND again after second drop off - all before we officially open! Since so many treasures get buried in the heaps, this is the very best way to make sure you find all the goodies on your wish list - first dibs and no crowds! Looking for the inside track? This is it! To register as a 24, select any combination of shifts (when we are open for business, not during pre- or post-sale hours) totaling 24 actual total hours (no extra status for [S] slots although you may use those but they will count only as actual hours, not giving extra status). You must then forward your email confirmation for shift approval. ***See notes below
- 10-keyers: If you are a veteran KidsEveryWear volunteer, trained by us on our 10-key checkout system or excellent at 10-key, please use password 10key to register if you would like to view and take 10key slots. We are attempting to improve even coverage of this specific task. PLEASE NOTE: This DOES NOT MEAN that you will only be doing 10key at the sale. Please be aware of ALL needs at the sale and willing to fill them. If the line for detagging develops, please detag. Our goal is simply to avoid overscheduling 10-key, not negatively impact detagging. Thank you!
- Some "4-hour" shifts actually involve a 4.5 hour time commitment to allow for training and staff "mobilization." These shifts still count as regular 4-hour shifts and should be tallied only as 4 hours, not 4.5 hours, toward your total volunteer hours.
- Splitting Shifts - Husbands, grandparents, etc. may work all or some of the volunteer hours you sign up for. We have a strong preference that those seeking die-hard status, however, work all of their own hours. The intent of these extended volunteer options is to limit the amount of training and shift changes necessary during the busiest sale times and these volunteers are needed for critical, skill-specific jobs. Please email if you feel strongly that the person you intend to send is qualified for any aspect of the sale and will require little additional training. Please note, however, that while we encourage teens to volunteer, we cannot count the hours of anyone under the age of 16 toward die-hard status.
Non-Traditional Volunteer Opportunities/Bartering: Have a unique service to offer? A special talent? The generosity and help we receive, often in non-traditional venues, blesses us more than you can imagine! Click on Bartering to see what you might be able to trade us for a shop early pass! Let's make a deal!
How Do I View the Available Slots?
The Volunteer Slots Available link in the left menu will show you slots currently open. These disappear as volunteers register for them.
To register for slots, click on the register button at the top of any page, choose volunteer, and read through the volunteer terms. The next screen will show you all available slots, except meal slots which you can see after emailing for the password or checking for it on the Barter page of the website.
Wanted: A Few Good Men
You can even send your husband to do your dirty work! We need a few good men to help out, especially at setup and breakdown! Or they can work with you to earn you twice the hours you would earn alone!
We Welcome Grandmas
We welcome Grandmas to work in your stead and even have tasks suited for those with physical limitations.
Your reliable teen may work WITH you to earn you extra volunteer status. They must be fully capable of working as conscientiously as an adult and must be accompanied by you at all times!
Pregnant? Have physical limitations? We need you to man our doors!
Think Walmart Greeter meets Mall Cop! Never fear, we DO NOT expect you to tackle those who attempt to enter preview sales without early shopping passes! Basically, we need greeters to interface with shoppers. During preview sales, we ask our greeters to check passes and/or ID to ensure that we are honoring the commitments that those entitled to shop early have made to the sale. We need friendly, enthusiastic folks who can graciously explain to passersby why they might not be permitted to shop at a given time and to make them feel welcome to return at a later time. During preview sales and public shopping times, we also ask the door person to help us maintain security by checking receipts of exiting shoppers. Finally, those who serve in this position direct shoppers to the other storefronts and answer general questions. Clearly, these tasks are of tremendous importance! Nonetheless, when the lines get long and the store gets messy, we are often tempted to pull these volunteers off their door tasks to tackle the urgent. We have found that by filling these positions with volunteers who MUST sit, we are able both to include people who otherwise might not be capable of volunteering AND do a better job managing the doors!