We Tag Taggers
We Tag needs Taggers committed to arriving on time and completing their consignor's items in full before the final drop-off date.
- Spring Sale Express Tagging Drop-offs will continue!
- You will receive 20% of the consignors' sales if their items need full tagging service.
- If you do not complete and put out a consignor's items BEFORE the event's last Drop-off date, the person who completes and puts out those items for you will be paid in full for express tagging those items. No exceptions.
- Before beginning tagging each season, you must read the What's New page. Ask Gail what is new if reading so much content is hard for you.
- Before beginning tagging each season, you must read the How to Tag page because we alter some tagging rules each season.
- As consignors drop off items, please mark them for the February/March tagger to ensure they get paid for ALL of that consignors' items.
- In a spirit of fairness to all Express Taggers, when you are ready to begin actual tagging, you will pick ONE consignor's items to tag from all available consignors. You may not earmark additional consignors until that consignor's items are 100% out on the sales floor.
- When you are DONE in full AND those items have been properly placed on the sales floor, then when you are ready to begin another consignor's items, you may pick your NEXT consignor's items to tag.
- You may not pick a consignor's items to tag until you are there and ready to begin working on that consignor's items. So if you are leaving, don't pick your next consignor. Pick when you arrive and are ready.
- All written/phone communication with the consignor must be done by Gail not by you. Ask Gail to communicate what you need to say please.
- Please do not use stickers for We Tag. They don't scan well and are easy to switch unless taped. But when taped, they scan even worse.
- If you decide to change the price or discount choice on an item YOU MUST REPRINT THE TAG. You may not alter discount code or price with a pen.
- You must write full descriptions adequate enough to match the item to the tag.
- There is a helpful Pricing Chart on the website to which you should refer for pricing ideas. When still in doubt, ask another Express Tagger. These pricing guidelines are merely suggestions. Use your best judgment.
- Please use Claim Tickets on large items and high-end items. Read how here.
- People have overheard folks talking about aspects of the sale that they wish to see fixed. Please discuss these with Gail but be careful who else hears you. We heard this more than once last sale. We value and would love your input, but let’s keep it private. Folks recognize you all, so we don’t want them hearing what we’ve seen people do wrong or what we suspect or what frustrates us. Thanks for understanding! Please no drama and no whining and complaining. Keep it fun for all please!
- We ask that you never discuss other consignment sales with anyone. Never discuss other consignment sales with your consignors.
- You will be responsible to check items for stains and tears. You will check that they meet the requirements of the Items Accepted Chart on the KE website. You will check that all items are complete and working.
- You will need to keep note of how many unacceptable items a consignor brings. A printed form will be available for each consignor at Express Tag Drop-off. You will be responsible to complete that form and turn it in to be paid for that consignor. Once done the consignor, please transfer the form information to the online sheet.
- You must NOT TAG adult clothes at the Spring/Fall Sales except nursing and maternity.
- There is a max of 25 clothing items in infant size newborn - 12 months PER SIZE. (25 - size 3 months, 25 - size 6 month, 25 - size 9 month, 25 - size 12 month) for the Spring/Fall Sales. You will donate the worst of items if the consignor brings more than 25 per size.
- If items are stained or torn or outdated, you will put them in the DONATIONS PILE and dispose of them that day in the dumpster at the sale location. Exit doors, turn left and drive towards JC Penney. Dumpster is on the way. If items are wrong season but sellable, please put them in the Donations room at the sale location. The Donations pile is in the far stockroom. There is an exercise machine there and adult items.You will break apart and dispose of all empty boxes daily in the dumpster at the sale location.
LEAVING THE SALE SPACE
- You must clean up your area thoroughly before leaving it each day.
- Only paper trash can go in the bathroom trash. Please use the can, not the wall trash receptacle. No food or diapers in the bathroom trash please.
- Clear tables of all trash.
- Remove all food.
- Take your trash to the dumpster. Trash should not remain in the space over night.
- Crush all boxes and bring all empty boxes and rejected items to the dumpster before you accept another consignor as yours.
- Bring all donations to the donation pile before you accept another consignor as yours.
- When you leave at night, make time to do this. Your area should be spotless each night. Look at the space a final time before you leave to ensure there are no trash, no boxes, and no rejects left behind.
USING THE SALE SPACE
- You may not remove any consignor items from the premises.
- You may not bring your children with you unless you have asked Gail for approval and she has agreed. If you have approval to bring your children, they are not permitted to wander the sale space, to "shop", or to touch any of the sale items. They are not permitted to ride any riding toys inside the sale space, even ones belonging to them. They must remain with you at all times.
- You must honor the Mall rules: You will not smoke in the store or near the entrance. You may not bring animals into the store; only certified service animals are permitted in the mall.
- You may not bring alcohol in the store.
- YOU MUST PROMISE NOT TO SHOP/STASH/HIDE/LOOK THROUGH CLOTHING OR OTHER CONSIGNED ITEMS. We all know this, but it still needs to be said because some people asked me where they could put the items they wanted to buy?!?! It simply is not fair, no matter how many hours you do. If you desperately want something, you must put it where it belongs and run to it first during your shopping hours.
- You must not enter the sale space during SELLING HOURS via the Express Tag glass door entrance. During normal drop-offs and selling hours, if the main glass doors are unlocked, please park and enter at the main doors. Please don’t enter through the back glass doors if the main entrance is open. Please. Customers are following you. Last sale people came in that way with no clue that they aren’t allowed in. **Only use the main doors during selling hours.** Also, PLEASE don’t move the curtain that we use at the back of the toys area to block off the back area and scoot through it.
- If you need to use the restroom and anyone else is in the space and you are express tagging (for example during drop off hours or organizing hours), you must go through the doors behind the shopper checkout area into the stockroom, NOT through the blocked off area at the back of toys. You must try to leave the restroom cleaner than when you entered and check that the toilet flushed completely.
- **Please don't use the restrooms in our space when it is your SHOPPING time. (We really, really, really don’t want people wondering what is back there or using the toilets that barely flush. They are watching you and assuming they can do the same. We had customers with kids saying they heard they could go back there.) You may not allow your children to use the restrooms within our store during your shopping time. Children must use the mall restrooms. Please honor this rule.
- You may not use, unlock, or exit through any glass doors except the Express Tag entrance during NON-selling times. The glass doors do not lock correctly, especially the ones on the food court side of the mall. Do not use them if they are locked. If you need to go to the food court, you must exit the Express Tag doors, ask someone to lock the doors behind you, and walk or drive to the food court.
- Every single time you enter or exit through the Express Tag doors, you must ensure that someone locks you out, and you must pull on the doors to ensure that they are locked. We have taken responsibility for items worth thousands of dollars, and we need to be extremely careful. If someone arrives when you are entering, you will still lock the doors and have the next person unlock them to ensure that only people with the key code are entering unless they are on the list of approved key code holders that Gail will send to all Express Taggers. DO NOT LET ANYONE IN.
- You may need to be given the key code. We do not expect to need to give out the key code, but if it does need to happen, and you are given the key code, you may NOT for ANY reason share the key code with ANYONE no matter what they say. You also may NOT let anyone into the sale space with or without you. You can give someone Gail's cell number without opening the glass doors to them and ask them to call Gail. (Note: For security reasons, we are very limited in the number of key codes we can give out.)
- You must text or call Gail when you arrive and when you leave during non-selling hours and need to use the Express Tag doors.
- If you need to be given the key code, even if you are only staying for a few minutes, you must put the key back, lock the door, and get it back out when you need to leave to lock the door again. The key must always be in the holder unless you are unlocking the door. You must pull on the doors to ensure that they truly are locked.
- You must arrive 15 minutes BEFORE your drop-off appointment window(s). Consignors are awaiting your arrival. **If you have an emergency, please text or call Gail to let her know.
Thanks for your understanding and for tagging for Kids EveryWEAR!
...keeping down the cost of growing up!
What's New for Our Consignors
Each sale we try to find ways to make our sale better for everyone: our consignors, our shoppers, & our great KE Crew! Thanks to all who give suggestions to make our sale great!
Here's what's new or very important for consignors
Our Spring Sale in March is our regular Kids EveryWEAR Sale
Our regular Kids EveryWEAR Sale will no longer include Adult clothing or Furniture. But it will feature Children's Clothing, Books, Homeschool, Toys, Baby Equipment, Nursing and Maternity, Housewares, Shoes in all sizes, Purses, Adult Accessories, and so much more! Any ladies/mens clothes dropped off will be donated immediately and not returned at Pickup.We won't be accepting adult or junior sized clothing at this event or appliances or furniture other than nursery furniture.
New Tagging Options
Important Things to Know
- At the request of consignors, we now have signage for half sizes of shoes for ladies sizes 6.5, 7.5, and 8.5.
- New QR Tags as of June 2019. Super fast sticker and full page pdf options available. We have a NEW checkout system with QR codes that contain price, code, and option description. Description can be handwritten, but price and code must be entered online. We have never changed our tags before and hope to never do so again!
- Items Accepted Chart to help you know what to bring to each event. This thing is your go to tool!
- Selling large hard to move items or items priced above $25? We are making it better for you! At Drop-off, attach a “Large Item Claim Ticket” to them. See Drop-off for the details. These are only for hard to move items or items which need to be ziptied directly to high end racks for security.
- Pricing Guidelines to help you price.
- Boutique items at our Spring Kids EveryWEAR Sale will be displayed on specially marked rounders to show them off!
- Bathing suits will be displayed on specially marked rounders at our Kids EveryWEAR event in March to make shopping easy!
- We will pull and donate any VCR tapes and any adult rated R or above DVD's dropped off. We do not take accept these and do not have the staff to sort and return them.
- We will not be accepting adult-oriented books! No adult novels. No cookbooks.
- If you are selling hangers, you must price them at $1 or under for 12 hangers.
- If you bring a carseat, you must write the expiration date across the top of the tag with a thick red marker like this: EXP 10/28. You will be charged an additional $10 fee if you bring an expired carseat. We will destroy the expired carseat and not return it.
- We will be charging a $10 fee per 10 items dropped off that are very clearly off-season, stained/torn, not on our Items Accepted Chart for the current event, or dropped off in the wrong gender or size. Please place your items correctly.
Most Asked Questions about Consigning
If I've sold with you in the past, should I register again?
Yes. Please register for each event so that your consignor spot is reserved for you, and so that you get a shopping pass. Consignor spots are limited. If you register for the February event, you will need to register for the March event now.
If I have leftover items with QR code tags, do I need to retag?
No. As long as you have the QR tags with the price and discount embedded in them, you can return tagged items to the next sale. We do, however, strongly recommend printing our QR stickers and reducing your price by $1 if the item didn't sell and changing the discount choice from red to green or green to black on all returning items. This is a great pricing strategy for returning consignors!
Will my assigned code or tag color change?
No. But be certain you throw away your old barcode tags from prior to July 2019 before you start printing the new ones. We don't want you to accidentally tag with the old ones!
Where do I access the new tags?
When you register, you will receive a confirmation email. That email has the link to Print Tags. If you don't get the email, register again and save the final screen. There is a direct link to Print Tags in the Consignor menu and on the right menu of every page of our website as well.
When I am attaching tags to toys or Ziploc bags, etc., can I cover the QR code with packing tape?
No! Please do not cover the QR code with tape! It will not scan properly.
Do I pay the consignor fee when I register?
No, your fee is deducted from your check for every sale in which you sell items.
Can the new consignor tags be photocopied or does each item require a unique QR code?
You may enter prices + discount choice for an entire page of tags, save it as a pdf, and print as many copies as you'd like. You would need to handwrite descriptions. Do not handwrite or alter price or discount choice! Please don't photocopy as the QR code becomes too blurry. Printing hundreds of pages of tags from the pdf is fine, but photocopies of a page are not.
Who can shop with me?
Your spouse, your parents, your in-laws, and your children are welcome to shop with or without you with your consignor confirmation or by giving your name at the door. Send your friends the information about the Friends Sale so they can get a free ticket to that event! You want them to come buy your stuff!
How to Tag
Join our Consignor Facebook Group and post your consigning and tagging questions there!
Preparing Your Items
- Check the Items Accepted page for our chart of what is accepted at each season's event. Tag the big items that get the most money first, such as large out - think garage sale gone wild. When done, tag items accepted at both sales. Then tag the items only accepted at the Kids EveryWEAR Sale, such as children's clothing and books.
- Please check for your equipment on this recall list. We do not accept recalled items.
- Kids EveryWear only accepts quality, clean, and current items applicable to the current season! Scrutinize each item as though YOU were going to buy it.
- Check for stains, holes, missing parts, etc. These are unacceptable.
- Thoroughly clean baby equipment, including washing fabric covers to car seats and strollers to make sure yours sell.
- A magic eraser is your friend!
- Lestoil and Dawn dish detergent work wonders on grease stains!
- Lysol wipes also are amazing to help clean toys and equipment.
- A fresh laundering and ironing will help sell your item.
- 65 or 67 lb Cardstock - Use your assigned color if you want to pick up your unsold items at sale end. Please use white cardstock to tag any items that you wish to donate if they do not sell! This helps tremendously reduce our sorting time, but most importantly blesses needy children. Please consider donating! See Donating Unsold Items for more info on who gets donated items.
- Red pen if you choose No Discount.
Green pen if you choose 50% off Max Discount.
We REQUIRE THAT YOU USE THE CORRECT COLOR PEN TO CIRCLE THE PRICE to ensure your discount choice is clear to our shoppers. The word under the price is not enough to help the shopper understand the discount.
- Black pen to complete size, brand, and description fields if you don't complete those online. *Remember your sellers report, should you pay the additional fee to be sent one, will list only prices and not items by description if you do not enter your descriptions online. If we must hand key a tag because it does not scan, we will not key the description - sorry - so for any that are hand keyed, description will not show on the Sellers Report.
- Scissors or paper cutter
- Hole punch
- Plastic hangers: Child sized hangers work best for clothing up to size 4. Adult hangers work well for sizes 5 and up. Wire hangers are allowed but not preferred. They snag fabrics and are hard to separate on the racks. We recommend you ask Old Navy for hangers, especially on Sunday afternoons. They throw away hundreds every day!
- Cable ties (zipties). These are available in electrical dept. of Home Depot, Lowes and Wal-Mart) to secure tags to clothing. Note: Cable ties are mandatory - no safety pins except when impossible to cable tie!!! Cable ties are cheaper, easier to use and prevent tag removal. See below for details on how to use. Northern Tool has the best prices on cable ties! DO NOT ATTACH CLOTHING TO HANGERS WITH CABLE TIES!!! Shoppers want to try on your items!
- A tagging gun is allowed but zipties are always more secure! Attaching tags with TWO tag pins is better than attaching them with safety pins for items without a way to use a cable tie.
- Safety pins (Safety pins are not accepted unless it is impossible to attach tags with cable ties as in the case of many new "tagless" tees and pjs. Safety pins are fine for these, but be careful not to damage delicate knit fabric! A tagging gun is preferred over safety pins but use cable ties every time there is a place to attach them to!) You may attach slippery clothing items to hangers with safety pins. Do not use zipties for this purpose!
- Ziploc bags (assorted sizes) for toys, socks, etc. Large sizes are cheapest at Dollar Tree. Be certain to seal them shut with packing tape and attach tag to outside of bag. Items that can be displayed without putting them in a ziploc should not be put in one - for example: shoes, slippers, socks, bibs, etc. Only use ziplocs when necessary. They make items more difficult to view.
- Packing tape for attaching tags to toys, etc. DO NOT TAPE OVER THE QR CODE!
- Painters tape for attaching tags to books and game/puzzle boxes (prevents tearing).
- Scotch tape to reinforce tags at hole punch, especially on shoes, toys, and heavy items as these fall off easily.
- Long cable ties for hanging shoes - a string of two long cable ties is great for displaying shoes at the sale!
- Rubber bands for grouping all same-size, same-gender items after pricing
- Batteries to bring toys to working condition
General Tag Information
When tags become separated from items, everyone loses! We will not sell items without tags because the consignor cannot be properly paid. Help us sell as many of your items as possible by making every effort to ensure those tags stay put!
Wait, what if I have items tagged from another consignment sale or from a previous Kids EveryWEAR SALE?
We do not accept any tags from other sales!!!
You will be assigned a unique QR code at Kids EveryWEAR and you must use our tags! We have rewritten our checkout software and are requiring ALL PREVIOUS KIDS EVERYWEAR CONSIGNORS to switch to our NEW TAGS with QR CODES on them as of June 2019. Everyone must retag this sale! We have never done this before and hope to never require it again!
If your items are leftover from other sales (including ours), please evaluate their condition in light of Kids EveryWEAR pricing guidelines and mark them down in price and/or discount choice when you re-tag them! If they didn't sell last time, they most likely won't sell at the same price again!
See our Print Tags Page for an explanation of the four types of tags available: Regular (most used), Home School, QR Sticker Sheet (for old tags), and Duplicate Tags for sets as well as an explanation of the Discount Options and some helpful printing tips.
- All clothing must be on hangers (except undergarments, including "Onesie" undershirts).
- Undergarments are the ONLY clothing items that are to be in clear Ziploc bags! Sleepers, pj's, snap-crotch shirts, etc. will not sell in bags!
- Place all clothing on hangers with hook opening such that as you face the item, the hook looks like a question mark "?". See photo.
- Snap all snaps and button all buttons to ensure they are all accounted for and that the item will display well.
- DO NOT attach clothing to hanger using cable ties. Use safety pins if you think your item will slip off of the hanger easily. Customers want to try on items before purchasing and cannot do so if you ziptie your item to the hanger.
- Pants should be hung full length, not folded over the hanger. If using a wire hanger, run the safety pin through the thinner pocket fabric, catch the TOP angled part of the hanger on the back, and run the safety pin back to the front of the pants. Don't attach the safety pins to the bottom straight part of the hanger. The pants will fold in half and slide around
easily if you use the bottom straight part of the hanger.
- Selling infant onesies as sets of 2 or more safety pinned together on a hanger is recommended over selling individually. Selling infant separates as outfits is also recommended if they are the exact same size. Do not mix sizes. Hang the pieces of the set back to back in the following manner: hang the shirt on the hanger, turn the hanger over and attach the pants to the shirt at the shoulders with the front of the pants facing the opposite direction of the shirt. So on one side you see the front of the shirt, but when you flip over the set you see the front of the pants.
- Separate all clothing into piles by price to expedite tagging.
- Use the link from your registration confirmation email to go to the Print Tags page of our website. Enter your code and last name. Then enter the details for 12 tags at a time and print them on your assigned color of 65 or 67 lb cardstock or white cardstock if you are choosing to donate the leftovers after the event. Read the Print Tags page carefully!
- When your items are tagged, sort them for Drop-Off according to the categories on our Drop-Off page for a speedy Drop-Off!
- For children's clothing sizes, do NOT use S, M, or L as this means absolutely nothing from one brand to the next! Use only numeric sizing.
- Items with a size range, i.e., 3-6 months, 6-9 months, 12-18 months, or 18-24 months will hang with the LARGEST size in the range or compare them to other items and mark and hang them as the size they are closest to.
- If you KNOW an item fits weird, a 2T fits exactly like all your other 18m items, for instance, label item "fits like 18m" as the size and place it with the other 18m items. Be careful you're not biased by the size of your child, but by comparable items of clothing!
- You may leave the description blank online and handwrite it if you'd like. Some folks will prefer to print a page of tags of the same price/max discount or a variety of prices and their chosen max discount and then complete the description and size information with a pen as they attach the tags. This is fine. The PRICE and MAX DISCOUNT MUST BE ENTERED ONLINE. We do NOT store this information for you.
- Use the description space to "sell" your item. Be sure to point out if it's a name-brand label, if it's new and has the original sales tags attached, or other important information such as the current retail price if it is a big-ticket item. Tags DO fall off no matter how careful you are. We make every effort to match tags back to items so that they can sell! We absolutely cannot do this with descriptions like "shirt" or "toy." The more specific you are the better! Clear descriptions also increase the security of items!
- Attach tags to garments as you complete them.
- Cable ties work best for almost all clothing items and some other miscellaneous items like Snuglis and diaper bags. Once a cable tie is fastened properly, it cannot come open.
- Be sure to strengthen the top left corner of tags with a small piece of scotch tape prior to hole-punching to reinforce its security.
- Simply punch a hole in each tag in the designated spot, slip the cable tie through the hole and loop it through garment label, buttonhole, belt loop, etc. Make certain to zip the cable tie correctly so that it cannot slide open! Check that you didn't insert it through the tie zipper backward!
- Do not attach cable tie to hanger, only to garment, so customer can try the item on.
- If there is no secure place on the garment through which to loop a cable tie (tagless t-shirts for example), use a safety pin through your hole punch and position tag on the garment's upper left, i.e. "over the heart". NEVER attach tags to hangers, but only directly to garments!
- When hanging pants, be sure you PIN the pants to the hanger shoulders, not the straight bottom edge, to keep them from sliding around and to display them best. Pant hangers with clips are ideal. Do not fold pants over hangers. Do not attach clothing to hangers using zipties. Customers want to try on items.
- For sets, hang the shirt on the hanger and then pin the pants to the back of the shirt at shoulders, catching the top of the hanger, so that both pieces can be viewed fully without unpinning or raising the shirt, with the pants facing the opposite direction of the shirt. This allows shoppers to see the pants easily and prevents them from becoming separated from the outfit. Be sure both items of your set are the same size, otherwise please sell separately! See directions for pricing sets on the Pricing page.
- If you choose to hang pieces of a matching outfit on separate hangers (i.e. delicate fabric that may be damaged by pins), secure the necks of the hangers with a cable tie. Do not use rubber bands for this purpose! Make certain pants will stay on the hanger!
Tagging Multiple Piece Items and Clothing Sets
- On all multiple piece clothing items and on large multiple piece items (i.e. crib and changing table set or car seat with 2 bases) write "1 of 2" and "2 of 2" with descriptions on each piece, but ONLY put a price on the tag on the most visible part of the set!!! Use one of the Duplicate Tags on our Print Tags page for the 2nd piece or additional pieces of the set with no price on that piece so we can't accidentally scan the set twice. If pieces of the set get separated, the duplicate tags help us match them back up.
- Do no attach tag to hanger! Only to garment! Customers want to try on these items. If you cable tie the item to the hanger, they can't try them on and your items won't sell as readily.
- Please use TWO tag pins if you use a tagging gun and DO NOT push the tag pin through the main fabric, only through a seam where it absolutely can't damage the item.
- Hang all Snuglis, Bjorn Carriers, Slings and Head Supports on hangers.
Tagging Socks, Undergarments, etc.
- Group like items of same size together so that they can be priced at a $1 minimum. Put these neatly in Ziplocs and seal with clear packing tape. Tape tag with detailed description on outside of bag. Do not tape over QR code. We only accept socks and undergarments that are in new condition.
- Hang bra on hanger with safety pins not zipties. Do not bag bras! As with all clothing, do not use zipties on the hanger as consignors want to try on items, and we want your items to sell!
- Belts - Do not put in bags but add ziptie in order to hang on hooks.
- Shoes should be joined with extra-long cable ties so that they display well at the sale. If you only have short ties, use one to secure the pair together and then add one or more cable ties to create a chain. This helps them to display well on our rack system. Add one to two cable ties through the one joining the shoes so that the tie will be long enough to hang the shoes neatly on our shoe rack.
- If shoes have no way to attach a ziptie, you may want to rubberband them together and use packing tape to attach tag to one shoe's bottom. Be sure not to tape over the QR code.
- Please, no Ziploc bags! Shoes in Ziploc bags or tight/short cable ties do not hang and display well!
- Shoes must be clean and like-new with no scuffed toes! "Magic Erasers" remove superficial scuffs!
- Make sure descriptions are detailed.
- Please do not put a price tag on each shoe, only one tag per pair.
- Check books for missing, torn pages.
- Painters tape is best for attaching tags to books and game/puzzle boxes (prevents tearing).
- Cover the book's original barcode with painter's tape. This helps us scan the QR code and NOT the original barcode!
- Attach the tag with painters tape but don't cover the QR code.
- If you group multiple titles, seal them in a Ziploc with clear packing tape, attach tag to bag and list all titles under tag description.
Attach tag to books, puzzles, and games with blue painters tape. Then cover the original barcode with blue painters tape so we don't scan it!
Tagging LOTS of books? Pre-sorting into the following categories will make for a quick drop-off! Because we sort our books so carefully, we sell a much higher percentage of them than other sales! Print this list here.
- Board Books
- Musical or sound-making books
- Hardback Picture Storybooks
- Paperback Picture Storybooks
- Early Readers (labeled as Early Reader, My First Reader, Readers Levels 1-4)
- Early Chapter Books (i.e., Magic Tree House, Junie B. Jones, Box Car Kids, Geronimo Stilton, Captain Underpants, Cam Jansen, Rainbow Magic, Horrible Harry, Barbie, Scooby-Doo, etc.)
- Parenting (for toddler and above)
- NOTE: Infancy and Pregnancy books go in the Infant Supply Department.
- Chapter Books for Older Girls and Boys (This area includes series such as American Girl, Nancy Drew, Hardy Boys, Animal Ark, Encyclopedia Brown, Judy Moody, books by Jerry Spinelli, Judy Blume, Beverly Cleary, Andrew Clements, etc.)
- Young Adult Books
- Biblical or Inspirational
- NOTE: We do not accept adult-oriented books! No adult novels. No cookbooks. Sorry.
NOTE: If you bring your books sub-divided into boxes/containers that you do not want returned, you can just hand them to our KE Crew for us to immediately take to the back to be shelved and you do not need to separate them into bins. This saves you time and helps us by keeping the bins from filling up so quickly. Thank you!
Tagging Games & Puzzles
- Prior to taping these items shut, count the # of pieces and write "all pieces included" on the tag. Blue painters tape is ideal for sealing these as it is less likely to tear delicate surfaces. Even if you think it is new, it is often the case that pieces are missing. Please count pieces!
- Be sure to wrap wooden puzzles in plastic wrap first before taping or tape ruins the front of the puzzle! Seal the plastic wrap with clear packing tape, but be sure packing tape does not come in direct contact with the puzzle! 2-gallon Ziplocs also fit puzzles well and help prevent damage.
Puzzles, games and all multi-pieced items MUST be complete. Assemble them or count items to verify completeness, then mark "all pieces included" on tags and seal to prevent loss.
If an item is in a ziploc, please attach the price tag to the ziploc and use packing tape to seal the ziploc well.
Tagging Toys, Equipment, and Housewares
- Consider providing manuals and/or internet reviews for high-dollar items, especially if they have unique features. Secure them to items in a Ziploc bag.
- Make sure DVDs, CDs, etc. are in their CORRECT packages and seal with masking tape. Open DVD cases and puzzles to count pieces and to check content before sealing.
- Open DVD cases to check content, close, seal, then mark "DVD checked."
- Packing tape and/or cable ties are usually ideal for toy items.
- Strengthen the top left corner of tags for toys with a small piece of scotch tape prior to hole punching to reinforce its security. Many tags fall off when people rummage through shelves and bins.
- Toys get played with! Secure pieces carefully! We cannot be responsible if your toy parts get separated. If there are multiple pieces being sold together, secure them well.
- Batteries MUST be included with all battery-operated items. NOTE: Consignors bringing items requiring batteries without working batteries may be charged $1 for each battery that Kids EveryWear installs in the item in order to sell it. Deductions will be made from consignor checks. Because Kids EveryWear is committed to customer satisfaction, we reserve the right to pull any items of questionable condition from the sales floor. We cannot offer returns, so shoppers are quite wary to purchase items that may not work. Dollar stores sell batteries.
- Cribs, swings, and pack 'n plays MUST be set up by you! We have a 100% selling record for all assembled cribs!
- Please print this comprehensive list of toys if you think it will help you at Drop-Off.
- Ziptie electrical cords!
- Battery powered ride-ons should have batteries. They sell well and you will recoup the cost of the battery and more if you order a battery in order to sell your ride-on!
Tagging Other Items
Comforters, Crib sets/Bumpers, Baby Blankets, Bibs, Swaddles, etc.
- Swaddles should be hung on pant hangers. We have racks in the Infant Department for them.
- Put bedding in their original plastic bag if you have that, tape over the hole punch area of the tag and then hole punch, and attach the tag to the zipper of the bag, or use appropriately-sized Ziploc bags. These are available at Dollar Tree. Tape tag to outside of bag. If you don't have a large enough bag, you may tie twine or ribbon securely around your set to keep it folded.
- We prefer bibs NOT be in bags, so people can clearly see that they do not have stains.
- Baby blankets should be on hangers. Hang them on the blanket rack in the Infant Department at Drop-off.
Jewelry, Purses, and Hats, etc.
- Attach tags to jewelry. Feel free to attach jewelry to cardboard or the original earring plastic if you have it.
- Attach the tags to purses, clutches, and wallets with a cable tie to the zipper or a strap that can't be removed.
- For hats, as with any item, if there is a label or a place to which you can attach a ziptie, use it. Otherwise, use a safety pin.
Housewares, Home Décor Accessories, and Similar Items
Williams Sonoma, Pottery Barn, Restoration Hardware, Ballard Designs, Pampered Chef, Creative Memories, Stamping Up, and any other like new, hot items you are sure will sell.
- For paintings/art work, please tape tag to the front of all pictures and hang pictures on nails on walls in Housewares department for best display.
- For all other items, tag as you would anything else.
- Zipties are optimal when there is a way to attach them so they can't be removed without scissors.
- Blue painter's tape works well; packing tape is also an option, but only when its removal will not damage the item.
- Be sure the tag is adhered to stay, but won't cause damage when removed.
- If there are multiple items in a large set, be sure to tag and label all items. For example, an out of the box crock pot with lid: put the price on Tag 1 and write "See Tag 1" as the price on tags 2 & 3.
- For smaller sets of items, use ziplocs bags to keep them together and label the bag.
- Zip-tie electrical cords
Houseware items will NOT be sorted at sale end. This is to provide enough staff to create a smooth sale. We do not have the staff available to sort Housewares. Please prepare to locate any items you wish to pick up. We cannot be held responsible for any loss or damage to your Houseware items, although we do our best to protect everything we sell!
- Unsold items will be donated at sale end if not picked up so please don’t forget to pull them from the racks at Pick Up.
To avoid the crowds at Pick Up, feel free to take a KE Crew slot to work the afternoon sort shift and bring your items home at the end of your shift or come the 75% off evening of the sale to pull your Ladies/Jr's/Men's/Houseware items instead of waiting until Pick Up.
Watching these videos should help you as you tag your items. However, they have the OLD tags on them and will be updated ASAP!
What is consigning all about and how easy is it?
A Kids EveryWEAR Consignment Sale consignor is you - smart enough to get top dollar for your gently used items in the easiest way possible! If you tag at least $50 of items and drop them off at Kids EveryWEAR for us to sell them for you, you get a check in just a few weeks (at Pickup) and you earn an "early shop" pass at our exclusive Consignor Sale before the public shops! (Be sure to join the KE Crew if you really want to get first dibs on the deals though!)
Why consign at Kids EveryWEAR?
- Stuff, stuff, stuff is everywhere and it is driving you crazy!
- You need a few extra bucks and easy money sounds great!
- Buy Sell Trade groups got you down?! Facebook meetups always end up in no-shows!? They haggle, haggle, haggle on your already great price? We are your one stop selling spot solution!
- Just tag, drop off, and pick up your check! We do the selling! You set the price!
- Don't even get me started talking about yard sales. Ugh! Why hassle with the stress - hours of pricing only to be offered a quarter for an item! And rain? How's that after preparing like crazy!
- Ever try consignment stores? Got nickels and dimes for your items and tons of items rejected?
- At Kids EveryWEAR Consignment Sale, we pay you 65% of an item's selling price minus a $12 selling fee to help cover the cost of our rent and equipment. You get the most for your items! This $12 fee is deducted from your final earnings after your 65% is calculated.
- Consignment stores and other options simply do not have 5000 or more shoppers over the span of several days to see and buy your items!
- We take just about everything at our Kids EveryWEAR Sale! Kids Clothing size Newborn - Children's 18, Kids Toys, Puzzles, and Games, indoor and outdoor Play Equipment, even swing sets! Children's Books, Electronics, Baby Equipment, Bikes and Trikes and Scooters, Phones, and small Housewares. Think Craigslist and FB Marketplace made easy! No Hassling and Fast Payment. No meet-ups! You drop it off and we sell it! At our EverythingELSE sale we add adult clothing, furniture or large appliances to the mix. So be sure to know what to tag by checking our Items Accepted Chart!
- Buyers can see, smell and touch the items, unlike an internet auction such as Ebay or Poshmark. So they buy, buy, buy your items!
- We hold sales every Spring in February/March to feature spring/summer children's clothing and every Fall in August/September to feature fall/winter children's clothing. Of course we also offer everything you need for your child from toys and equipment to bikes, indoor and outdoor play equipment, nursery furniture, books, accessories, shoes in all sizes, and so much more!
- We do the advertising for you! And we do it like crazy!
- Better yet, you won't wait weeks for payment, but will receive your check immediately following the sale! The turn around time is awesome.
"I can't believe you had checks ready when I picked up my unsold items!" JB
- We've taken care of every detail - the advertising, the organization, even the climate-controlled indoor location! We've done it all for you AND you'll make a lot more money!
How do I become a consignor?
- Register. Check the box for consignor. This assigns you your unique seller (consignor) code and cardstock color. If your confirmation subject line does not say "You are registered as a consignor" please register again and look for the checkbox to indicate that you'd like to consign. Consignors must complete online registration prior to each Kids EveryWear sale in which they plan to participate. This will give you a new shopping pass and a spot at this season's event. (Spots fill, so you have to register for one each season so we know you are planning to participate!) Prior to the official opening of each season's event, you can register to get your code and begin tagging. Your code and tag color will not change from season to season. But you must register again once registration officially opens in order for you to have your "spot" and shopping pass for that event.
- Keep the link to our Items Accepted as you will refer to it often. This changes a bit each season as we realize things that no longer sell well (cassette tapes, anyone?) - so be sure to review it before each and every sale!
- Make sure you understand our schedule - when to Drop Off, when to Pick Up, and when to SHOP!
- Carefully review How to Tag. Put the supplies you will need on your shopping list. We offer tagging services if this all seems overwhelming. But once you do one sale, it is a breeze the next time!
- Be sure to refer to our Pricing Guidelines as you tag.
- Next check out Tagging Blunders so you can avoid them!
- Then, on the Print Tags page, enter your items in our online system to indicate the price, description, and discount options you want. You pick the price and discount options! We sell! We require you to enter your code, price, and discount choice in our online system and you cannot change them without retagging. This ensures that they are embedded in your scannable QR tag for fast shopper checkout!
- Drop Off. We offer Drop 'N Go services if you don't have time to put your items out at Drop-off.
- Shop at your special Consignor Shopping Time! Want to shop sooner? Join the KE Crew!
- Pick Up
- Cash your check!
- Get a jump start! Begin tagging for next season! And remember, we sell a huge percentage of items. Please retag any items you picked up and drop the price by at least $1 as well as considering changing your discount choice to a greater percentage.
You're on your way to making some money!
Read What's New for Consignors next!
We Tag for You
No time? Tons of stuff to sell? Don't worry. We've got your back! Drop off your items at our location at the former Sears at Cary Towne Center. We'll do the work! We provide the zip-ties, the white cardstock, the safety pins and ziploc bags, the time, and you get the moola!
- You pay the standard $12 consignor fee as always (or the early bird fee if you register for our early bird special.) However, you earn 45% of your total sales instead of the usual 65%. The 45% is calculated first and then your consignor fee is deducted.
- We will print and fill your tags out for you. We will fill out the tag’s description, price, size, etc and hang on hangers, attach tags, put out the items properly, and sell them!
- For We Tag for You pricing, we use black ink to offer the max discount of 75% off. Items will go to 50% off and then 75% off if they have not sold before those sale days.
- You may come get your check at Pickup or it is mailed to you that week. Remember, your unsold items will only be available at this time if you provided colored tags for them.
- You get to shop our Consignor Pre-sale for full, half, and 75% off!
- You will need to register now for the March sale. Be sure to register again for the Kids EveryWEAR Sale in May when we open that registration. Your fee will stay the same, but this will give you your consignor spot and your shopping pass!
ABOUT WE TAGS
- If you want to donate your unsold items at the end of each event, we will provide white cardstock for you.
- If you want to have colored tags to pick up your unsold items, you must provide enough blank colored cardstock in your assigned cardstock color (see your registration confirmation email) which we will use to print your tags. Twelve tags print per sheet, so please provide enough for all items. If we run out of your cardstock, we will print the remainder of your tags on white cardstock. We are not able to return extra paper. If you provide colored cardstock, you are allowed to select your discount option - full price only, 50% off max, or 75% off max.
- If you choose to print your tags on your assigned cardstock color and not to donate the leftovers at the sale end, you are responsible to go to Pickup to get your leftover items. Any items not picked up are donated that evening. Sorry, no exceptions.
- Have just a few items you don't want to donate? You may mark specific items to use colored tags and bring enough colored cardstock only for those items. We will provide and print white tags for the remainder of your items.
PREPARING FOR WE TAG DROP-OFF
- All items must be freshly laundered. Items which have been stored in bins and attics have an odd smell. You must freshly launder all items!
- Items should be ironed if needed.
- No stains, tears, or smells. Check items near a window to see stains more easily.
- Wash shoes and toys also. Crocs wash great in the washer! Soles and toys clean up well with a magic eraser!
- All items must be complete and in working condition. Items requiring batteries must have working batteries or we will donate the item.
- This is our Spring/Summer sale. Be sure to adhere to our Items Accepted list.
- It is your responsibility to check your items carefully.
- If more than 10% of your items are unacceptable for any reason, you will not be permitted to use We Tag in the future.
- If you bring more than 10 unacceptable items, a fee of 50 cents per item will be deducted from your check.
- Any off-season or adult items dropped off will be donated as we cannot store and return unacceptable items.
- There is a limit of 25 Infant Clothing items per size in sizes newborn - 12 months (25 - size 3 months, 25 - size 6 month, 25 - size 9 month, 25 - size 12 month) for We Tag for You. Choose your best 25 per size.
- If you feel strongly about the price of large items, feel free to let us know, and we will use the price you suggest. You may write the price of that large item clearly on blue painters tape attached to the item and point it out to us at Drop-off.
- Your items must be in boxes or large garbage bags tied shut that we can throw away with your consignor code clearly labeled on the boxes or bags. (A plastic bin is fine but you WILL NOT get it back. Adhere a piece of tape and write code on tape, not on the bin please.) Please write your code on painters tape on any items not able to be boxed or bagged.
- You drop them off during our We Tag for You Drop-off time that you select on the form. Be sure to note the correct doors shown on the form and add your appointment and our phone number to your calendar. You will need to pay and register before you complete the form.
Once you have emailed and we have replied to confirm that we have an opening for you in We Tag, register as a consignor for the upcoming sale even if you've consigned in the past.
Then paypal your $10 We Tag for You supply fee. If you already paid for We Tag for the March event, you do not need to paypal again.
The We Tag for You fee is $10 per event for hangers, zipties, cardstock, printing, safety pins, etc. To confirm your We Tag for You spot, you must paypal us this nonrefundable fee. If you did not use We Tag for the March event, please paypal $10. Your We Tag for You spot is not confirmed until we have received the fee via paypal using the gift to friends & family option to paypal.me/KidsEveryWEAR
Please include your name, code, "We Tag for the May event", and email in the note field when you paypal.
- Once you have paypaled your fee, we will send you a form to complete. This form ensures you understand the We Tag rules and allows you to choose your drop-off appointment time. You will need to know your code and dropoff appointment time to complete this form!
Thanks for letting us tag for you and for consigning with Kids EveryWEAR!
...keeping down the cost of growing up!