Here's What's New for Our KE Crew
Each sale we try to find ways to make our sale better for everyone: our consignors, our shoppers, & our great KE Crew! Thanks to all who give suggestions to make our sale great! Thanks to all who give suggestions to make our sale great!
- Marathoner KE Crew Members will be required to do 40 hours for the Kids EveryWEAR Sale in March.
- Claim Tickets
- Hard to move Large items & items priced above $25 now have a “Large Item Claim Ticket” attached to them. For items too large to bring to Holds, the shopper must fill out Buyer Name and Phone on the top portion of the Claim Ticket. Then remove the bottom portion (it should list Code and Description of item and have original tag stapled to it at all four corners of original tag) and bring it to the Holds KE Crew Member. They will keep it while you continue to shop. The shopper will retrieve the bottom portion of the Claim Ticket from Holds while his/her items are being processed at Checkout so that the scanner can scan the tag.
- At Checkout, the Claim Ticket is scanned and held by the KE Scanner Crew Member until the receipt is printed. The KE Scanner Crew Member will staple the Claim Ticket to the receipt and hand it to the customer with their bagged items. The shopper will then pay for their items at the Payment Station.
- The shopper must show their Receipt and Claim Ticket both stamped "PAID" to pick up their item. If they are unable to pick up the item immediately, the KE Holds Crew Member should help them move the item to Paid Holds and mark the top portion with the date and time they can return. Customer must return within our selling hours or during Pickup. See Sale Schedule when arranging return time.
- Marathon spots are limited. To marathon for our Sale, you are required to do 24 hours at a previous sale. Interested? Do 24 hours this sale and let us know you would love to marathon in the future.
- SCANNING! No more detag. Hopefully this will make for shorter lines! Sign up for detag slots but you will be scanning, not detagging!
KE Crew Information
The KE Crew shops first! First dibs! Lowest prices!
We need you!!! The KE Crew is the heartbeat of the Kids EveryWear sale!
Why join the KE Crew?
Never helped at Kids EveryWEAR before? The KE Crew enjoy the fellowship of fellow moms & dads! A change of pace. New faces. New friends... And FIRST PICK OF ALL THE GREATEST BARGAINS! It doesn't matter whether you sign up to work before during or after the sale, if you join the KE Crew, you shop first! Imagine shorter lines, cheaper prices and all the good stuff still ripe for the picking! We offer extended weekend preview sales – the longest in town – exclusive to the KE Crew.
What would I be doing?
KE Crew positions range from scanning tags of items to be purchased, to organizing toys, clothing and accessories before or during the sale, to sorting the unsold items after the final day of the sale, to setting up before the sale and breaking down the racks after the sale, to watching doors and answering questions, or helping at drop-off get consignors checked-in and directing them. When you register, you can tell which type of position you are registering for. We have sitting positions, standing positions, and positions for almost anyone. Email if you have questions!
But I have small children at home...
Believe it or not, almost NO schedule is too full. We'll find a way to work with you if you want to find a way to work for us! There are countless opportunities to serve before during and even after the sale! Mothers with newborn infants are welcome to babywear if you can successfully complete your KE Crew obligations.
***NOTES for TRADITIONAL KE CREW***
- LOVE to organize? Wanna be a "department manager"? Seeking out one special KE Crew member per area to work 24 hours during drop offs and other times during the sale to keep up with organizing (and re-organizing). Wonder why our book area is so beautiful? It has a "manager"! 24 hour KE Crew shop VERY first! 24s shop prior to KE Crew Day. This is the very best way to make sure you find all the goodies on your wish list - first dibs and no crowds! Looking for the inside track? This is it!
- 10-keyers: If you are a veteran Kids EveryWear KE Crew member or marathoner, please use password 10key to register. We are attempting to improve even coverage of our scanning process. PLEASE NOTE: You will be scanning, not doing 10-key. Please be aware of ALL needs at the sale and willing to fill them. Thank you!
- "4-hour" shifts actually involve a 4.5 hour time commitment to allow for training and staff "mobilization." These shifts still count as regular 4-hour shifts and should be tallied only as 4 hours, not 4.5 hours, toward your total KE Crew hours.
- Splitting Shifts - Husbands, grandparents, teens 16 and up, etc. may work all or some of the KE Crew hours you sign up for. Keep in mind, the intent of these extended KE Crew options is to limit the amount of training and shift changes necessary during the busiest sale times, and these KE Crew are needed for critical, skill-specific jobs. If you want to do the same shift as the your spouse, grandparent, or teen 16 and up, register them in their name and you in your name. Then forward both confirmation emails to us and ask us to combine hours.
Non-Traditional KE Crew Opportunities/Bartering
Have a unique service to offer? A special talent? The generosity and help we receive, often in non-traditional venues, blesses us more than you can imagine! Click on Bartering to see what you might be able to trade us for a shop early pass! Let's make a deal!
How do I view the available slots?
Click on the register button in the right sidebar, choose KE Crew, and read through the KE Crew terms. The next screen will show you all available slots, except meal slots which you can see after entering the password listed on the Barter page of the website.
Wanted: A Few Strong Folks
You can even send your husband! We need a few strong folks to help out, especially at setup and breakdown! Or they can work with you to earn you twice the hours you would earn alone! A typical "female" is usually unable to do these shifts.
We Welcome Grandmas
We welcome Grandmas to work in your stead and even have tasks suited for those with physical limitations.
Reliable teens, age 16 and up, may join the KE Crew for slots to earn you extra KE Crew status.
Pregnant? Have physical limitations? We need you to man our doors!
Think Walmart Greeter meets Mall Cop! Never fear, we DO NOT expect you to tackle those who attempt to enter preview sales without early shopping passes! Basically, we need greeters to interface with shoppers. During preview sales, we ask our greeters to check passes and/or ID to ensure that we are honoring the commitments that those entitled to shop early have made to the sale. We need friendly, enthusiastic folks who can graciously explain to passersby why they might not be permitted to shop at a given time and to make them feel welcome to return at a later time. During preview sales and public shopping times, we also ask the door person to help us maintain security by checking receipts of exiting shoppers. Finally, those who serve in this position direct shoppers and answer general questions. Clearly, these tasks are of tremendous importance! Nonetheless, when the lines get long and the store gets messy, we are often tempted to pull these KE Crew off their door tasks to tackle the urgent. We have found that by filling these positions with KE Crew who MUST sit, we are able both to include people who otherwise might not be capable of joining the KE Crew AND do a better job managing the doors!
Register online for the Share Kids EveryWEAR opportunities.
Things we might need:
- *We are developing a TEAM of Social Influencers willing to share all of our fb posts to your fb groups. Please email if you would like to join the team to earn KE Crew hours to shop FIRST!
- HTML guru to alter our joomla site - make it mobile friendly, add rotating banners, etc for KE Crew status.
- A website graphic designer who can make graphics and post them on our joomla site.
- A programmer proficient in perl
- 18"x24" poster laminating
- Posters - Do you work for a printer? We need 22x28 b&w or color posters for KE Crew status.
- Drone video after final drop-off as your KE Crew position.
- A website designer familiar with Joomla to help with our website on a KE Crew member basis.
- Large Bags: Register online once you have bags in hand! Stores have generously donated these to the sale in the past. The large bag is approximately 22X12X36. Please no grocery sized bags! Toys 'R Us, Lowes, Home Improvement, Target, Dicks Sporting Goods, Staples, Joannes, Kohls, Office Max, and Bed Bath and Beyond are great places to ask for donations. Calling is ineffective. We recommend you go in and ask. You will receive 6 volunteer hours for bringing a box of 500 new bags to the sale at the drop-off day or shopping day. If you need a letter on our letterhead, you may print this one or see our Printables page in the KE Crew menu as well. These bags need to be thick. Someone ordered them from the internet for us in 8mil and they were WAY TOO THIN. Thanks for your help in obtaining appropriate bags.
- 3/4" binder clips. If you get this free at work and could donate at least a large shoebox full, bring them to Drop-off and we will give you 4 hours of KE Crew status. Please don't buy these for this KE Crew slot; we need tons!
- Graphic design work on a KE Crew basis.
- Share Kids EveryWEAR! Perfect for Daycare owners/teachers/doctors offices! Details for how to advertise for us as your KE Crew position can be found here.
- A photographer to take pictures during first and second dropoffs and our organizing day and post them to our dropbox and to our facebook page.
- Media guru to post to homeschool and online groups for us. Email me a list of groups you could cover and I will send you text to send.
- Window decals - If you work for a company and can make us window decals, we'll give you KE Crew status in trade.
- Gift Cards: Help us defer consumable sale supply costs by providing us with a $50 egift card from Amazon.com and earn four pre-sale KE Crew hours to shop with our Regular KE Crew. Register online via KE Crew registration for this slot. Slots disappear when full.
- Your egift card needs to be sent at least one week in advance of the KE Crew shopping day (see Event Schedule). Once received, we will send you confirmation of receipt and that confirmation will be your shopping pass!!!
To send the eGift card:
- Go to Amazon eGift cards.
- Under “Gift card details”, select a preset amount or enter a different amount in the [enter amount] box.
- Delivery: select “Email.”
- To: gail @ kidseveryWEAR dot com (remove spaces, replace dot with. - etc.)
- The rest is self explanatory.
- After everything is filled out, select Proceed to Checkout. (You will need to log into your Amazon account or create one.)
- Meals: Do your friends and family consider you a great cook? We need GOOD HOME COOKIN' for 6 adults each day of the sale. We know it might sound absurd to ask for meals, but we are at the sale with our young kids for several weeks straight and and cannot leave the checkout area during the sale. Pizza delivery gets old QUICK! Thanks to everyone who has been so gracious as to provide for us in this way! You are wonderful! Click on MEAL SIGNUP for more information on providing meals as a KE Crew.
- Cooperative Advertising: If you have a website or publication and allow Kids EveryWear to place a banner ad on your site or print ad in your publication, we will allow you to place an ad on our site for free or will exchange for KE Crew hours.
- Access to Interstate Fence Line: If you own rural property on any of the major highways or interstates coming into the Triangle area and are willing to allow us to hang a light, all-weather corrugated sign on your fence line (they just zip-tie on) for a couple of months in the spring and the same in the fall, you'll earn four KE Crew hours per event.
- Organize a group of students/folks who might need community service hours to come and sort unsold clothing items on behalf of a 501c3 to earn 4 hours toward KE Crew pre-sale privileges. The charity cab sign any KE Crew paperwork for the service hours completed. The KE Crew hours on behalf of the 501c3 are NOT on behalf of Kids EveryWEAR. Therefore each individual will not earn shop early privileges with Kids EveryWEAR. But the person who coordinates a group of students to help can receive 4 hours towards early shopping with Kids EveryWEAR for organizing the group. You would need to email for details about when the group could help. The most needed date is probably the Friday or Saturday after our Pickup date.
- TV/Radio/magazine/newspaper coverage: Do you know someone who works in one of these? Get us in the news and you win big time!
KE Crew Shopping
KE Crew shops first at Kids EveryWEAR!
The more you HELP, the earlier you SHOP, the more you SAVE! Traditional KE Crew positions are scheduled before, during and after the sale. These require time at the sale's location. Click on The Register button in the right sidebar to see and/or schedule your traditional KE Crew slot(s) online. A limited number of off-site or at home barter options are also available.
- Regular KE Crew (4s) choose one 4-hour timeslot.
- Super KE Crew (8s) choose any (2) 4-hour regular KE Crew slots OR 1 designated 6-hour [S] slot and shop for several EXCLUSIVE HOURS before Regular KE Crew.
- Super Duper KE Crew (12s) work 12 hours total consisting of (3) 4-hour shifts or (2) 6-hour [S] shifts and shop for several EXCLUSIVE HOURS before Super KE Crew.
- Diehard KE Crew (aka 24s) choose a total of 24 actual hours (6) 4-hour shifts or (4) 6-hour [S] shifts). We request that each 24 work at least one EVENING or WEEKDAY shift if at all possible! You shop FIRST, a day before Super Dupers, Supers, and Regulars.
- Marathoners (aka 40s) shop VERY FIRST with 24s. For the Kids EveryWEAR sale, marathoners work 40 actual hours consisting of ten 4-hour shifts or seven 6-hour shifts. Marathoners generally must work at least one sale as a Diehard before being considered for marathoner. This select group also gets the privilege of receiving 100% commission on any items they sell up to $1200 in sales commission free. These spots must be applied for. Power consignors who buy to resell are not permitted to marathon.
NOTE: All shifts begin with an additional 30 minutes of training so shifts are actually 4-1/2 to 6-1/2 hrs in length. This 30 minutes does not count in the total hour count.
Check out the KE Schedule to see when each type of Crew member shops!
Reschedule KE Crew Slots
Need to reschedule your KE Crew slot?
If it is more than one week before your KE Crew full price shopping day, simply click on register and run back through the registration process. Deselect the slot(s) that you can no longer work and choose new slots.
If it is less than one week before your KE Crew full price shopping day, use registration to change your slot to another time and forward your confirmation of this change with a note via email letting us know of the shift you must miss and the shift you have now registered for to replace it, keeping in mind the following KE Crew agreement (which you accepted during online registration):
In an effort to ensure the quality of the sale by retaining a sufficient number of KE Crew workers, Kids EveryWear will require that KE Crew fulfill their pledged obligation to work the shift(s) they have selected. KE Crew are expected to be on time and fulfill entire shift. If you cannot fulfill your shift, please register, uncheck that shift, and choose another. If it is one week or less prior to the KE Crew Shopping Day, please also forward the confirmation to us at and notify us of the change.
In the event that a KE Crew member does not fulfill her commitment or find a suitable replacement on her behalf, Kids EveryWear may deduct $50 for regular KE Crew and $100 for super KE Crew or $150 for super duper KE Crew of the consignor earnings. Preferably we ask that you switch to another slot and let us know! KE Crew who are not consignors and cannot make up a missed slot are asked to use amazon to send a $50 gift card per missed slot to kidseverywear @ gmail . com (removing spaces) within 24 hours of missing their shift. Should a KE Crew member NOT additionally be participating as a consignor, that KE Crew may not be allowed to participate again in future Kids EveryWear KE Crew Preview Sales unless they make up their missed shift or send a gift card. Extreme extenuating circumstances will be considered (such as death in the family).
Should extenuating circumstances prevent you from shopping at the Preview Sale, it would still be our hope that you would consider fulfilling your timeslot so as not to leave us short-staffed.
If it is within one week of the approaching KE Crew shop date and you find yourself unable to fulfill your slot, we require switching to another slot or finding someone to fill your place. Please understand that these guidelines have been created in an effort to maintain a high quality sale and a spirit of fairness to all who give sacrificially of their time.